[et_pb_section transparent_background=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” padding_mobile=”off” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”off” custom_width_px=”1080px” custom_width_percent=”80%” make_equal=”off” use_custom_gutter=”off” fullwidth=”off” specialty=”off” admin_label=”section” disabled=”off”][et_pb_row make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”off” custom_width_px=”1080px” custom_width_percent=”80%” use_custom_gutter=”off” gutter_width=”3″ padding_mobile=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” make_equal=”off” column_padding_mobile=”on” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”on” parallax_2=”off” parallax_method_2=”on” parallax_3=”off” parallax_method_3=”on” parallax_4=”off” parallax_method_4=”on” admin_label=”row” disabled=”off”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ disabled=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” column_padding_mobile=”on”][et_pb_text background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” admin_label=”Text” use_border_color=”off” border_style=”solid” disabled=”off”]
Are you planning on taking your car with you abroad this summer? If so be prepared and make sure you read our tips before you set off on your holidays:
- Plan your route – get organised and know what roads you’ll be travelling on once you drive off the ferry so you don’t get stressed or lost. Check the location of your destination and input it into Google maps on your phone, save the directions or print them out so you have a hard copy.
- Know the rules of the road – rules of the road vary for each European country so make sure you research them before you leave.
- Car maintenance – make sure your car is in good working order and has had its annual service – check fluid levels, filters, lights and tyre condition (don’t forget the spare tyre!) before you leave.
- Car safety pack – check that everything in your car safety pack is there and is working correctly. If you don’t’ have one make sure you get one. It should include a warning triangle, high visibility vest, first aid kit and torch. Also make sure you have a blanket and snacks in the event of a breakdown.
- Driving on the right side of the road – take your time, exercise caution and in particular at roundabouts when you’ll be going around in the opposite direction that you’re used to driving.
- Check your motor insurance and breakdown cover – does it cover you driving abroad? Ring your insurance and breakdown company to check and get additional cover if required. Make sure you input their contact details in your mobile phone also so you have it to hand if needed.
- Driving licence – it’s vital that you have this on you at all times so make sure you don’t forget it!
- Take breaks – if you have a long journey ahead make sure you take regular breaks, swap drivers or take a nap if needed.
- Don’t overload the car – it can be tempting to throw everything into the car but make sure it’s not laden down, that passengers have space and everyone is comfortable for the journey ahead. It will also save you on fuel!
Flying from Dublin Airport for your summer holidays this year?
Tip: Don’t forget that you can park at Dublin Airport Quickpark with your easytrip tag. This car park is conveniently located close to the airport and there’s no need to book your parking in advance. The easyParking service is simple to use – press the easytrip button on entry to the car park and on exiting your fee is automatically added to your easytrip bill.
Find out more about our easyParking service here.