We do not operate the toll plazas, should your tag(s) fail to scan, you may be asked to pay by other means such as cash or credit card by the plaza operator, or they may issue you with an IOU, which is payable directly to them at a later date, it cannot be transferred to your easytrip account.
To minimise the risk of your tag not reading:
- Approach the toll barrier slowly
- Make sure the registration number is up to date on your account.
- Make sure your tag has a proper holder and is positioned correctly
- Do not wave your tag when approaching the barrier
- Obey the speed limits on approach to the Toll plazas.
- Ensure you are not too close to the vehicle in front of you
On the M50 if your tag fails to read, your vehicle registration will be used to identify your vehicle as an easytrip customer. Therefore, it is very important to have the correct vehicle details assigned to your tag.
- If your tag fails to read please contact us.
- Tags may not work due to a variety of reasons:
- Insufficient funds in your account.
- Vehicle details may be incorrect, or may not have been updated.
- Battery failure in tag, tag may need to be replaced.
- System failure at plaza